incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DL][Website] First draft of the new DL scripting
Date Wed, 05 Sep 2012 23:33:35 GMT

On 09/02/2012 03:18 PM, Kay Schenk wrote:

> On 09/02/2012 08:02 AM, Marcus (OOo) wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I was busy at the weekend to clean-up the DL scripting.
>>
>> The new webpages are accessible here (as long as they are not published):
>>
>> http://ooo-site.staging.apache.org/download/test/new/index.html
>> http://ooo-site.staging.apache.org/download/test/new/other.html
>>
>> Some notes before you start with checking out:
>>
>> 1.
>> The current focus is on reducing complexity, better simplification and
>> more automatism. Not the design and layout. This is nearly the same.
>>
>> 2.
>> It's normal that not all links will work as it's only a part of the
>> download area. It depends on the link itself if it's not yet working or
>> really broken. ;-)
>>
>> 3.
>> When you find errors and want to report them please make sure to browse
>> to the following webpage to help me with some debug data:
>>
>> http://ooo-site.staging.apache.org/download/test/new/analyze.html
>>
>> Next big step is to implement the new directory structure on the mirrors.
>>
>> Thanks in advance for your comments.
>>
>> Marcus
>
> VERY good! I am looking at changes in svn and I can see MUCH
> improvement. I will try to help with suggestions in the coming week.

...more

You are making very good progress and I hesitate to just make changes
without discussion.

What do you suggest for this?? Additional sections on the wiki page??

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Improvements+for+the+download+webpages

attachment of pertinent files to the wiki page with comments?

MzK

"We never sit anything out. We are cups, constantly and quietly
  being filled.  The trick is, knowing how to tip ourselves over and
  let the beautiful stuff out."
                          -- Ray Bradbury, "Zen in the Art of Writing"