incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DL][Website] First draft of the new DL scripting
Date Sun, 02 Sep 2012 22:18:35 GMT

On 09/02/2012 08:02 AM, Marcus (OOo) wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I was busy at the weekend to clean-up the DL scripting.
>
> The new webpages are accessible here (as long as they are not published):
>
> http://ooo-site.staging.apache.org/download/test/new/index.html
> http://ooo-site.staging.apache.org/download/test/new/other.html
>
> Some notes before you start with checking out:
>
> 1.
> The current focus is on reducing complexity, better simplification and
> more automatism. Not the design and layout. This is nearly the same.
>
> 2.
> It's normal that not all links will work as it's only a part of the
> download area. It depends on the link itself if it's not yet working or
> really broken. ;-)
>
> 3.
> When you find errors and want to report them please make sure to browse
> to the following webpage to help me with some debug data:
>
> http://ooo-site.staging.apache.org/download/test/new/analyze.html
>
> Next big step is to implement the new directory structure on the mirrors.
>
> Thanks in advance for your comments.
>
> Marcus

VERY good! I am looking at changes in svn and I can see MUCH
improvement. I will try to help with suggestions in the coming week.

MzK

  butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet,
  balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying,
  take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations,
  analyze a new problem,  pitch manure, program a computer, cook a
  tasty  meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
  Specialization is for insects."
                          -- Robert Heinlein, "Time Enough For Love"