incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Marcus (OOo)" <marcus.m...@wtnet.de>
Subject Re: [DL Website] Prototype of an automatic table with download links
Date Sun, 02 Sep 2012 15:30:29 GMT
Am 08/27/2012 11:25 PM, schrieb Kay Schenk:
>
>
> On 08/27/2012 02:07 PM, Marcus (OOo) wrote:
>> Am 08/27/2012 12:38 AM, schrieb Marcus (OOo):
>>> Am 08/27/2012 12:12 AM, schrieb Dave Fisher:
>>>>
>>>> On Aug 26, 2012, at 2:59 PM, Marcus (OOo) wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> Am 08/26/2012 11:37 PM, schrieb Marcus (OOo):
>>>>>> Am 08/26/2012 09:38 PM, schrieb Dave Fisher:
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> On Aug 26, 2012, at 11:05 AM, Marcus (OOo) wrote:
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> Hi all,
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> as promized on Friday I've adjusted the existing automatism
to the
>>>>>>>> lastest AOO 3.4.1 parameters.
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> The most recent webpage is here:
>>>>>>>> http://ooo-site.staging.apache.org/download/test/other_print.html
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> There is one change needed with the source downloads. Please
use the
>>>>>>> Apache Mirrors and not dist directly for the packages. See [1].
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Only for the source files, not for the hash files, right? Done.
>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Should the language packs be mixed with the full installation
>>>>>>> sets? If
>>>>>>> so then maybe the language fields should span two rows?
>>>>>>
>>>>>> To have all in a single table it's easier to point the user to resp.
>>>>>> the
>>>>>> user has only to remember this.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> I'll think about the span thing.
>>>>>
>>>>> As "fast solution" I've deleted every second language strings and
>>>>> expanded the row highlighting.
>>>>>
>>>>> Dave, what do you think?
>>>>
>>>> Much better.
>>>>
>>>> Maybe the go back to the top break in the language group should be
>>>> more frequent than every 10?
>>>
>>> Ah, right. With the combined table (full install, langpacks, hashes)
>>> it's still after 10 languages but actually a lot of big rows more which
>>> is indeed to much. I'll change it tomorrow.
>>
>> I've changed it in a way that max. 4 languages are printed and than a
>> new sub-table header.
>>
>> With the most high screen resolutions nowadays this should fit. On my
>> screen the visible part begins with "Start of page" and it ends with
>> this.
>>
>> Marcus
>>
>>
>
> This seems fine to me. Nice job!

Thanks :-)

I was busy the last hours and have started the re-work.

The reduction is already quite nice. Only 1 "download.js" is left. The 
new "download_tables.js" is for the new "other.html" file only. Also 
"globalvars.js" is smaller. I've also adjusted a bit the "languages.js".

And - at least for me on Linux - all is still working. :-)

PS:
I don't write you this to push you to something. It's just that I want 
to let you know that it was indeed time to do this. The reduction is 
really great.

CU

Marcus



>>>>>>> [1] http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/downloads.html
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> I'm open for opinions. Otherwise I can put it easily to the
>>>>>>>> production website as the new "other.html".

Mime
View raw message