incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <rabas...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Updating Committers on Project Status Page (was RE: New committer: Chen ZuoJun)
Date Mon, 24 Sep 2012 02:50:50 GMT
On Sep 23, 2012, at 10:15 PM, "Dennis E. Hamilton" <orcmid@apache.org> wrote:

> Rob,
>
> I recently took a look at <http://incubator.apache.org/projects/openofficeorg.html>
to see if I could derive that list from the Roster.

> What gave me pause is that the list is apparently maintained in XML.  I could not find
anywhere that MarkDown is used.  Is that correct?

Correct.  It is XML. It used to require that I check out the whole
directory, update the XML, run an ant script to generate the HTML and
then check in both the XML and HTML.  This is much simplified by the
CMS which does the template generation behind the scenes.

> I could still mechanically derive the XML elements that are used now, although it is
a bit more complicated than search and replace on a CSV of an extract of the roster.  If I
were to do that, I would also indicate who is on the PPMC.

> Any suggestions?

I'm not sure we need to maintain that "status file" once we graduate.
I think it is more of a podling tracking thing. So it might be
simplest if we just manually update it for now.  But longer term it
would be good to be able to generate a page for the project website
from the Roster.   The ODF Toolkit has an XSLTRunner component that
could be used for this.

-Rob