incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: board report for Sept. 20, 2012
Date Tue, 04 Sep 2012 02:44:44 GMT
Hi Dennis,

Thanks. I've essentially followed your suggestions. I hope that others will review the wiki
at https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/2012+Sept before it is moved to http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/June2012
on Wednesday.

Regards,
Dave

On Sep 3, 2012, at 7:07 PM, Dennis E. Hamilton wrote:

> Reviewing the June report I have this to offer for September:
>
> A. COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT
>
> This says there were 13 new Committers/PPMC members and 2 committer/PPMC member resignations.
 I don't track resignations, and I think it is best to show the baseline (or resulting levels)
of those changes.  I am assuming that my June 5, 2012 Status was the basis for the numbers
in the June 8 report to the IPMC and Board.

> Comparing that with the report from yesterday, I would say that
>
> "There are now 110 committers with 72 of those on the PPMC.  Relative to the last report,
that is an increase of 15 committers and a decrease of 3 committers on the PPMC (following
an audit to reconcile subscribers to the ooo-private mailing list)."

> Now the numbers are grounded and the baseline here makes the derivation of details in
a further report easy to substantiate.

> B. A DIFFERENT OVERSIGHT
>
> It is stunning that of all the matters that it might be thought the Board might need
to be aware of (whether or not called to act on) the only one I've ever noticed is the June
statement about leaks from the ooo-private list to "outside agencies".

> Along with that June issue, there is our promise to provide an update in the next report
(this one in September 2012) or at least indicate that an update was provided separately.
 The current draft simply removes any evidence that this issue was raised.  I suggest that
there needs to be accountability and closure on our part.

> I paid little attention to that issue.  I would suggest that the single leak was identified
and the matter has been closed to the satisfaction of the PPMC.

> - Dennis

the deltas are.  Where is the previous report to the IPMC?

> http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/June2012
>
> It was written June 8.
>
> Regards,
> Dave
>

>> - Dennis

can lose the detail at the bottom.

>> Dennis - would you confirm the PPMC change statement.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Dave

But, I