incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Louis Suárez-Potts <lui...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [PMC] Proposed PMC List
Date Thu, 20 Sep 2012 03:13:19 GMT
Hi,

On 12-09-19, at 22:05 , Yong Lin Ma <mayongl@apache.org> wrote:

> Louis,
> You are on the list. So to Ian. You may understand the process.  There
> will be far more ten
> on the final PMC roster.   This is a chance to give others credits,
> especially those not been mentioned on any lists yet.

As you have no doubt gathered from my subsequent posts, that's not the issue. I mean my being
on the list or not. The issue is the display of the list and its management and how it is
presented to naive viewers, or even non-naive. I have no particular interest in serving but
do believe, as I wrote, that certain areas do need to be served. This is not about ego.

The structure of this discussion has already ensnared a few. I would rather, as I mentioned,
use a wiki. I'll get to that when I have time tomorrow.

Thanks
Louis

> On Wed, Sep 19, 2012 at 9:56 PM, Louis Suárez-Potts <luispo@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I would agree with Peter's list but would ask that Ian Lynch be considered. Here's
why: Whom do we have speaking on behalf of education and ecosystem development? As I'm not
on this list—and I'm not suggesting I ought to be—I think that someone like Ian, who's
work is so involved with OO and has been—would provide good insight into how what is done
at Apache OO affects the ecosystem as a whole.