incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Risto Jääskeläinen <rjaas...@saunalahti.fi>
Subject Brainstorming: genuine new features to UI
Date Thu, 27 Sep 2012 13:25:39 GMT
Hello!
I send some tips to brainstorming page but some ideas are a bit difficult to explain. So I
show some videos and link to extension.

First of all UI of Apache OpenOffice has quite few genuine new or original features. This
is OK when users of some other suite like to get familiar with OpenOffice. But there is now
way to be the leader of field.  One possibility is such a new features which are working without
hindering old fashion way of doing things.

Retro extension is kind of back button for long text documents.  Normally you click a button
but if you have pain in wrist it is not so easy. So if button (or menus too) can be used also
clickless there is possibility for more ergonomic way of working.

My programming skills are not good enough to embed clickless browser in scroll bar of window
but I think it may be best place for it.

Here is some short videos
(HTML5)
http://www.saunalahti.fi/rjaaskel/Kuvat/Retroa2.webm
(SWF)
http://www.saunalahti.fi/rjaaskel/Kuvat/Retro1.swf

And here is extension for Writer:
http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/en/project/Retro

I hope nobody feel wasting his/hers time with this brainstormings.

Risto