incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Ariel Constenla-Haile <arie...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [CODE] gmake and AOO build system
Date Sun, 30 Sep 2012 16:47:02 GMT
Hi Pedro,

On Sun, Sep 30, 2012 at 09:07:03AM -0700, Pedro Giffuni wrote:
> There is currently nothing here, in fact trunk is more up to date.
> Can I start committing stuff or should Andrew do it?

IMHO only Andrew, as Oracle representative, can commit the patches. The
idea is to ensure that patches are granted by Oracle without the need to
ask for another software grant for this particular cws. I guess this
should be the procedure people should follow if interested in getting
cws code granted by Oracle; the other way is to ask for a software grant
on every file in the cws, but I guess that this won't scale (Oracle will
have to redo the same amount of work they did for the original software
grant).

Concerning this particular case, once Andrew commits the patches, there
should be some agreement on what to do: IMHO, the first thing should be
to ensure that the code builds in Windows, Linux and MacOSX (that cws
didn't originally take into account OS2 nor FreeBSD), otherwise there is
the chance that changes made for OS2/FreeBSD/Solaris/etc end up breaking
something that was actually working in the cws; and it may be then hard
to guess where and why it got broken (just like the boost/stlport case).

Regards
--
Ariel Constenla-Haile
La Plata, Argentina