incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Ariel Constenla-Haile <arie...@apache.org>
Subject Re: News article integration with home page
Date Sat, 29 Sep 2012 15:40:44 GMT
On Sat, Sep 29, 2012 at 10:12:25AM -0400, Rob Weir wrote:
> What makes this different from our other SSI uses is we need to limit
> the number of articles displayed.   We want to avoid having an
> open-ended list of articles appear on the home page, since that would
> just length the page and put the important footer info far down.  It
> would be ugly as well.  So ideally we want some logic that puts the
> 5 or so most recent stories on the home page, and then puts the full
> list of articles on the dedicated news page.  Or maybe even does
> something fancier, like group articles by month or year on the news
> page.  But minimum requirement is probably to be able to limit number
> of articles on home page.
>
> Is this something that is easy/possible to do with the way we're using
> the CMS?

the main Apache site uses a module to generate the "News",
http://openejb.apache.org/ too.

See
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/infrastructure/site/trunk/newsfeed/README.txt
It seems the DEFAULT_FEED_LOCATION is set to
http://blogs.apache.org/foundation/feed/entries/rss , see
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/infrastructure/site/trunk/newsfeed/src/org/apache/site/Newsfeed.java

Regards
--