incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Ariel Constenla-Haile <arie...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [QUESTION] What to do to post to ooo-announce?
Date Fri, 28 Sep 2012 15:37:09 GMT
On Fri, Sep 28, 2012 at 09:58:15AM -0400, Rob Weir wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 28, 2012 at 9:34 AM, Oliver-Rainer Wittmann
> <orwittmann@googlemail.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am currently perparing a message to promote ApacheCon EU 2012 and the
> > OpenOffice track. I want to post it to our mailing lists inclusive
> > ooo-announce.
> >
> > I am remembering that ooo-announce is somehow special regarding posts.
> > Can somebody help to get my post out on ooo-announce?
> >

> Send the post from your Apache email address.  The list manager
> automatically rejects any emails that are not coming from apache.org
> addresses.
>
> If you don't have your mail client sent to route emails through the
> Apache SMTP server then you could ask someone to post it for you.  For
> example, I could do that.

Oliver has Gmail, it is very easy to set up Gmail in the web
interface to send mails through Apache's SMTP server.

Go to your account settings
https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?shva=1#settings/accounts

Under "Send mail as:" you have to create a new "identity", with "Send mail
as:". Detailed information can be found here
http://support.google.com/mail/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=22370

Regards
--
Ariel Constenla-Haile