incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Ariel Constenla-Haile <>
Subject Re: buildbot failure in ASF Buildbot on openoffice-linux32-nightly
Date Wed, 26 Sep 2012 19:49:05 GMT
Hi Andrew,

On Wed, Sep 26, 2012 at 10:07:14AM -0700, Andrew Rist wrote:
> On 9/26/2012 4:58 AM, Ariel Constenla-Haile wrote:
> >Hi Oliver, *
> >
> >On Wed, Sep 26, 2012 at 09:59:15AM +0200, Oliver-Rainer Wittmann wrote:
> >>Hi,
> >>
> >>the linux32 buildbot got a failure on downloading the jpeg tarball.
> >>
> >>I will - for testing purpose - change the primary download URL in
> >>order to somehow limit the search for the failure cause.
> >The root cause of this seems to be on an error loading Perl libraries:
> >

> >** GET ==> /usr/bin/perl:
> >symbol lookup error:
> >/home/buildslave20/perl5/lib/perl5/i686-linux-gnu-thread-multi-64int/auto/HTML/Parser/
> >undefined symbol: Perl_Istack_sp_ptr
> >
> >And the Win build bot is failing due to missing msvcr100.dll
> >
> I'll load that in today.  If anyone wants to get more involved in
> the buildbots, I am happy to help get them up to speed and
> understanding the setup.

Ok, I'd like to help here, at least with the Linux bots, where I'm more
familiar (I only use windows I'm forced to do so).

> Where should the VS 9 and VS 10 files be placed now?  Has the
> location changed?

You don't need to place the whole  Microsoft Visual C++ 2010
Redistributable, only that msvcr100.dll, and it goes into
trunk/main/external/msvcp100/ as you already did it:
`../../main_xtra/external/msvcp100/msvcr100.dll' -> `./external/msvcp100/msvcr100.dll'
checking for msvcr100.dll... found and executable

> Also, this is not the only thing breaking the win buildbot - it has
> only pushed the error earlier in the flow.
> (actually - msvcr100.dll added to main_xtra dir and build kicked
> off... )

This looks like an error fetching extensions:
downloading to
500 Can't connect to (Operation now in progress) (21s)
failed to download
at E:/slave14/aoo-win7/build/main/solenv/bin/modules/ line 536.

For what I could understand, there is no way to set a retry in this
kind of build step, increasing the timeout in the step will not work
either, because it's the perl script in the source that exits with error
code. May be a retry can be implemented in the perl script.

Ariel Constenla-Haile
La Plata, Argentina

View raw message