incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Ariel Constenla-Haile <arie...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Change of 'soffice' name
Date Wed, 26 Sep 2012 16:18:48 GMT
On Wed, Sep 26, 2012 at 11:59:59AM -0400, Wolf Halton wrote:
> I have not looked into it yet because I just
> uninstalled LibreOffice before installing Apache OpenOffice. That
> option is not scalable, and people get annoyed when softwares go to
> war against one another, as would be the effect if OpenOffice just
> removed LO when it was installed.   I will look into a more scalable
> and friendly option.

On Fedora, you can't install AOO because the URE package is obsoleted by
libreoffice-ure. You have to uninstall libreoffice, install AOO, and
blacklist libreoffice in the package manager configuration
(exclude=libreoffice* in /etc/yum.cfg), otherwise every time you update
the system, lo-ure will replace aoo-ure.

The "good news" are that this isn't new at all, it also had to be done
in OpenOffice.org times.

I've been told that a similar problem happens on Debian, and on ubuntu,
with the desktop-integration package.

In conclusion, changing the shell scrip name won't solve deeper issues
that make the package even impossible to install.

Regards
--
Ariel Constenla-Haile
La Plata, Argentina