incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Ariel Constenla-Haile <arie...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [BUILD] Running archived version on Windows 7
Date Sun, 23 Sep 2012 16:42:23 GMT
Hi Regina,

On Sun, Sep 23, 2012 at 06:21:09PM +0200, Regina Henschel wrote:
> Hi Ariel,
>
> Ariel Constenla-Haile schrieb:
>
> >>Yes, I though about this, so I tried placing the folder on C:\ and
> >>pointing the user installation to $ORIGIN/.. but doesn't work.
> >
> >Quite strange, it works from an external hard drive E:\ but not from C:\
>
> Unfortunately I have not got any 64bit version to test. But to be
> sure, even simple reasons are not forgotten: Has the user
> writing-rights for that folder?

I guess I do have rights on a folder I create myself on C:\
Anyway, I made it work by using unzip inside cygwin, it seems WinRAR
was silently failing, it may be the name of the zip file that is too
long: Apache_OpenOffice_incubating_3.5.0_Win_x86_install-arc_en-US.zip

Regards
--
Ariel Constenla-Haile
La Plata, Argentina