incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Ariel Constenla-Haile <arie...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [BUILD] atlthunk
Date Sun, 23 Sep 2012 15:41:33 GMT
Hi Regina,

On Sun, Sep 23, 2012 at 05:23:32PM +0200, Regina Henschel wrote:
> Hi Ariel,
>
> Ariel Constenla-Haile schrieb:
> >On Sun, Sep 23, 2012 at 04:36:42PM +0200, Regina Henschel wrote:
> >>Hi Ariel,
> >>
> >>addition:
> >>I have set
> >>  --disable-activex \
> >
> >Yes, look at my previous mail. Don't disable activex nor atl. I kept
> >them in a combo with the -o in
> >
> >     if test "$DISABLE_ATL" = "TRUE" -o "$DISABLE_ACTIVEX" = "TRUE"; then
> >             AC_MSG_RESULT([ATL/MFC disabled])
> >     else
> >
> >I guess you only what to build the embedded object support, does it work
> >with activex disabled? Never tried this before.
>
> Yes. I want to use OLE.
>
> >In case it works,
>
> Yes, I can use MathType OLE equations. There exists a trial version
> of MathType 6, which remains in a "light" state with only few
> features after expiring, but allows to read MathType equations from
> newer versions, than the support for MathType 3.0, which is
> implemented in AOO.
>
> I had tested MSPaint and AcrobatReader too. That works without activex.
>
>  the logic of configure can be changed, to check for
> >ATL/MFC if either atl or activex are enabled. It would mean changing the
> >-o by an -a, by can try it right now if it works.
> >
> >if test "$DISABLE_ATL" = "TRUE" -a "$DISABLE_ACTIVEX" = "TRUE"; then
> >

> >It would mean:
> >
> >If ATL is disabled AND ActiveX is disabled Then
> >     Both are disable, then ATL/MFC is disabled, we don't ckeck it
> >Else
> >     check ATL and MFC
> >     If the check fails Then
> >         Disable both ATL and ActiveX (as far as I could understand, they
> >         both depend on ATL/MFC)
> >     End If
> >End If
>
> What does it mean to enable ActiveX? I have not tried it before and
> don't know, whether it will build for me.

AFAIK enabling activeX you get main/extensions/source/activex/
According to main/scp2/source/activex/module_activex.ulf

"ActiveX Control"
"Component to enable Microsoft Internet Explorer to display %PRODUCTNAME
documents."

Looks like an ActiveX Control to display AOO documents in IE in
read-only mode, but I have no idea if it actually works with current IE.

I'll test the -a option, to build with either ATL or ActiveX enabled.

Regards
--
Ariel Constenla-Haile
La Plata, Argentina