incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Ariel Constenla-Haile <arie...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS][Linux]Drop distro specific RPMs
Date Thu, 20 Sep 2012 12:12:58 GMT
On Thu, Sep 20, 2012 at 01:50:20PM +0200, RGB ES wrote:

> > OK, I finally did this. I uninstalled the opensuse menu setup and just
> > installed the freedestop.org rpm. Everything is working. But I too am on
> > opensuse. It would be great to have folks from other distros test this out.
> >

> I'm trying to gather some feedback from forum people. Let's see what
> happens on a couple of days.

This sounds useful. We should collect the distribution information,
obviously. I tested it in CentOS 5 and it works fine; which is is a good
sign, as this is the free Linux distribution with the oldest libraries
I could find. IMHO we should support at least those versions that are
still supported by their distribution, and versions with EOL reached do
not count.

Regards
--
Ariel Constenla-Haile