incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Peter Junge" <>
Subject Re: [PMC] Proposed PMC List
Date Tue, 18 Sep 2012 02:45:16 GMT

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Mon, 17 Sep 2012 11:13:15 -0700
> Von: Andrew Rist <>
> An: ooo-dev <>
> Betreff: [PMC] Proposed PMC List

> Andre Fischer (af)
> Andrea Pescetti (pescetti)
> Drew Jensen (atjensen)
> Jürgen Schmidt (jsc)
> Kay Schenk (kschenk)
> Raphael Bircher (rbircher)
> Pedro Giffuni (pfg)
> Yang Shih-Ching (imacat)
> Oliver-Rainer Wittmann (orw)
> RGB.ES (rgb-es)

I would like to propose a different approach and determining the PMC in three steps. Every
step should take 72 hours, then compiling the results and starting the next step:

1. Inclusive step
We start by taking the latest proposed list (*) from the thread "Continue work on a final
PMC roster" (Juergen, Sept 6, 2012) that happened before on ooo-private@. (No reference because
not anyone can read the private archives).
That list already included 49 committers to be consider for the PMC. As well a couple of 'non-included'
persons and 'needs discussion' are listed.

During step 1. everybody is free to propose anyone to be added to the "is-included list".
IMHO, it doesn't matter if the additionally proposed persons are from 'non-included', 'needs
discussion' or anyone else. Self-nomination should also be allowed.

At the end of step 1., we will have a list of 49 + X proposed PMC members that will be used
as input for step 2.

2. Exclusive step 1
We contact everyone who is included in the resulting list of step 1., if (s)he wants to be
part ob the AOO PMC. A reply is mandatory for anybody who wants to attend the PMC. Committers
need to express their interest on working on AOO governance. Persons who do not reply will
be excluded and of course all those who simply say: 'no'. After step 2. we will have a shorter
list that is then used as input for step 3.

3. Exclusive step 2
That will be the toughest step and certainly spark controversy again. Committers may raise
concerns who of the persons remaining after step 2. is not appropriate to attend the AOO PMC.
From my point of view, candidates shouldn't be removed with a single veto, but every proposal
for removal that finds supporters needs to be carried out.

The result of step 3. in a agreed-on list of PMC members.

Please comment on my proposal. If there are no significant objections, I would draft an initial
posting for executing the above proposed procedure next weekend. Processing will likely take
about 2 weeks: 3x72h + a couple of days to compile results and moving forward to the step
in between.

(*) For those who haven't followed the discussion the latest proposed list in "pass 5" was:
== PMC member==
Albino Neto (bino28)
Allen Pulsifer (apulsifer)
Andre Fischer (af)
Andrea Pescetti (pescetti)
Andrew Rist (arist)
Antón Méixome (meixome)
Ariel Constenla-Haile (arielch)
Armin Le Grand (alg)
Carl B. Marcum (cmarcum)
Claudio Filho (filhocf)
Cyril Beaussier (bidouille)
Damjan Jovanovic (damjan)
Dave Barton (bmcs)
David Fisher (wave) (Apache Membeber)
David McKay (thegurkha)
Donald P. Harbison (dpharbison)
Drew Jensen (atjensen)
Graham Lauder (yo)
Herbert Dürr (hdu)
Ian Lynch (ingotian)
Jian Fang Zhang (zhangjf)
Jian Hong Cheng (chengjh)
Jim Jagielski (jim) (Apache Membeber)
Jin Hua Chen (chenjinh)
Juan C. Sanz (jucasaca)
Jürgen Schmidt (jsc)
Kay Schenk (kschenk)
Kazunari Hirano (khirano)
Louis Suarez-Potts (louis)
Maho NAKATA (maho)
Marcus Lange (marcus)
Oliver-Rainer Wittmann (orw)
Pedro Giffuni (pfg)
Peter Junge (pj)
Phillip Rhodes (prhodes)
Raphael Bircher (rbircher)
Regina Henschel (regina)
RGB.ES (rgb-es)
Rob Weir (robweir)
Roberto Galoppini (galoppini)
Roberto Salomon (salomon)
Simon Brouwer (simonbr)
Thomas J. Frazier (yj)
Wang Lei (leiw)
Yang Shih-Ching (imacat)
Yong Lin Ma (mayongl)
Yuri Dario (ydario)
Zhe Wang (wangzcdl)
Zoltán Reizinger (r4zoli)

== Needs discussion ==
An Hongyun (hyan)
Michal Hrin
Paolo Pozzan
Hagar Delest
Frank Peters
Jomar Silva
Xia Zhao
Eike Rathke

== No PMC member (for now) ==
Arthur Buijs (artietee)
Christian Lippka (clippka)
Christoph Jopp (cjopp)
Florent André (florent)
Ingrid von der Mehden (ingrid)
Ivo Hinkelmann (ivo)
Kai Ahrens (kahrens)
Kai Sommerfeld (kso)
Lawrence Rosen (lrosen) (Apache Member)
Malte Timmermann (malte)
Manfred A. Reiter (fredao)
Martin Hollmichel (mhollmichel)
Mathias Bauer (mbauer)
Stefan Taxhet (st)
Stephan Bergmann (sb)
Steve Lee (stevelee)
Yegor Kozlov (yegor) (Apache Member)

== Emeritus ==
Wolf Halton (wolfhalton)(per his request)
Dennis E. Hamilton (orcmid) (per his request)

View raw message