incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Ariel Constenla-Haile <arie...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Missing Visual C++ Libraries in all recent versions of Open Office installer
Date Sat, 15 Sep 2012 14:34:27 GMT
On Sat, Sep 15, 2012 at 11:03:03AM -0300, Ariel Constenla-Haile wrote:
> Thanks for the information. I could reproduce it by removing
> msvcr100.dll from C:\WINDOWS\system32.
>
> Now, I'm not sure if this is something AOO should fix: AOO is built with
> VS 2008, so its redistributable package is installed with AOO. It's
> Oracle Java 7 that is build with VS 2010, Java 7 has msvcr100.dll in the
> \bin folder, but I guess they should install the redistributable system
> wide.
>
> Found this interesting stuff
> http://www.duckware.com/tech/java6msvcr71.html
>
> For now, the solution is to install
> http://download.microsoft.com/download/5/B/C/5BC5DBB3-652D-4DCE-B14A-475AB85EEF6E/vcredist_x86.exe

One enhancement here could be not to display does JRE in the Options
dialog that will fail to be loaded; the code should check if the jvm
library can be loaded, now it only checks that it exists; this could be
a little overhead, but it's unlikely that the user will have lots of JRE
installed.

Regards
--
Ariel Constenla-Haile