incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Ariel Constenla-Haile <arie...@apache.org>
Subject Re: about extension's name
Date Sat, 15 Sep 2012 02:18:30 GMT
On Fri, Sep 14, 2012 at 02:45:20PM +0200, J├╝rgen Schmidt wrote:
> first of all it would be nice if you start a new mail thread for a new
> topic.
>
> The name of the toolbar is generated automatically when you don't
> specify it. It is a very annoying design bug from my point of view that
> you can't easy define a name in the context where you define your
> toolbar. But anyway it was on our wish to-do list in the past and is
> still not implemented.

I have a fix for this, but is on my queue to AOO 4.0 because it will be
an incompatible change:

* now the toolbar is described as a set of toolbar items, see
  /trunk/main/officecfg/registry/schema/org/openoffice/Office/Addons.xcs

* to allow localizable names in the toolbar definition, it must be
  changed to be a group node consisting of a localizable ToolbarName and
  a set of ToolbarItems

Another solution would be to add a new set to AddonUI containing
localized names for toolbars, but this sound an awful design.

Regards
--
Ariel Constenla-Haile
La Plata, Argentina