incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Ariel Constenla-Haile <>
Subject Re: *** Warning: .LOW_RESOLUTION_TIME
Date Sat, 08 Sep 2012 20:04:47 GMT
Hi Regina,

On Sat, Sep 08, 2012 at 01:18:07PM +0200, Regina Henschel wrote:
> Hi all,
> building with MSVC 2008 express on WinXP, I get a lot of warnings of
> the kind:
> make: *** Warning: .LOW_RESOLUTION_TIME file `<path
> part>/solver/350/wntmsci12/<path part>` has a high resolution time
> stamp
> It builds and the build is usable nevertheless.
> What does this warning mean?
> Is there a way to avoid it?

"workaround: setting the environment variable gb_HIRESTIME=TRUE silences
the warning (but enables checking of sub-second parts); in case this
causes permanent re-delivery of files to solver because the tools have
different resolutions (e.g. micro seconds vs. nano seconds), you can't
use the workaround and have to live with the warning; this case was
found in builds over nfs on Solaris Intel."

Ariel Constenla-Haile
La Plata, Argentina

View raw message