incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Ariel Constenla-Haile <arie...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [EXT] MySQL SDBC Connector
Date Fri, 07 Sep 2012 08:25:09 GMT

Hi Alex,

On Fri, Sep 07, 2012 at 09:45:24AM +0200, Alex Thurgood wrote:
> >* CentOS 5.8 32 and 64 bits
> >* Ubuntu 10.04 LTS 32 and 64 bits
> >* Fedora 15 32 bits and 17 64 bits
> >* Windows XP 32 bits
> >* Windows 7 64 bits (arch. does not matter on Win, AOO is a 32 bits
> >   application)
> >

> Ooh, nice, thanks for that. My own attempts at building the
> connector in the past for Mac and Linux have been fraught with pain,
> frustration and disappointment, i.e. the build took ages, and then
> the connector didn't work or at least, wasn't portable.

I have the feeling they really didn't use the "normal" environment to
build the extension. In the build environment the MySQL Connector/C
comes as Deus ex Machina, it's not built, but the extension must include
the three libraries (the uno component, the Connector/C and
Connector/C++ - although they are not linked against each other, they
are loaded at runtime).

> >These are supposed to be "universal" builds, that is, run on every
> >Windows version, and Linux distro (Linux base is CentOS 5 with glibc
> >2.5). Everyone is welcome to test if they work on their systems; by
> >"work" I mean it does not crash, I didn't fix any of the existing
> >issues, it was just a try-to-build-it (for now).
>
> A "nice to have" would be for Mac OSX too ;-)

As I explained to J├╝rgen, you will only need the SDK + CMake to build
it, so you will be able to play with it :)

I'll let you know when I upload the code to Apache Extras.

Regards
--
Ariel Constenla-Haile
La Plata, Argentina