incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Ariel Constenla-Haile <arie...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [EXT] MySQL SDBC Connector
Date Fri, 07 Sep 2012 07:40:37 GMT

Hi Reizinger,

On Fri, Sep 07, 2012 at 08:20:43AM +0200, Reizinger Zoltán wrote:
> >>But it list all databases, not only my specified database name.
> >>I don't know whether it is a existing issue.
> >I couldn't find an issue number, but it's reproducible with Oracle's
> >build from
> >http://extensions.openoffice.org/en/project/mysql_connector
> I'm not find it, may be it is not there, but you can search for MySQL
> native driver development information and known bugs on wiki:
> http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Database/Drivers/MySQL_Native
> http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Database/Drivers/MySQL_Native/Overview
> http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Database/Drivers/MySQL_Native/Beta/Known_Issues
> http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Database/Drivers/MySQL_Native/Known_Problems

I had found this only one issue, it seemed too little ;)
http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Database/Drivers/MySQL_Native/1.0/Known_Issues

> >It's strange that the extension is not listed on bugzilla when you
> >select Product: extensions. The extension is listed on MySQL site
> >http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/ so maybe bugs where
> >reported there... I'll have to investigate.
> Bugzilla you can search for mysql connector issues in "advanced
> search" select  database connection

database access was the field name.

> in product field, then you can
> select  "MySQL Connector/OOo"  in component field.

There are 31:
https://issues.apache.org/ooo/buglist.cgi?cmdtype=runnamed&namedcmd=mysqlconn-ooo
I will upload the source code in Apache Extras - or plain Google Code
(the extension cannot be built here at AOO because it must build and
ship the MySQL Connector/C and Connector/C++, both GPL); Google Code has
a bug report feature, so I may add the reproducible bugs there.

I'm not sure what to do with those bugs in AOO bugzilla, because, in the
case that I'll fix some bugs (and I'm not sure about it, I do this in my
spare time, so I invest time in coding as far as "it's fun"), in that
case I don't plan to commit code in AOO source tree under
trunk/main/mysqlc: after IP clearance with revision 1201714 the code
only works with MySQL system libraries, so that it can be considered
dead code, and archived.

Regards
--
Ariel Constenla-Haile