incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Ariel Constenla-Haile <arie...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [BUILD] fixing the Win build
Date Wed, 05 Sep 2012 23:51:15 GMT

Hi Andrew,

On Wed, Sep 05, 2012 at 04:27:30PM -0700, Andrew Rist wrote:

> requesting help debugging the win build.
> there are now 4 modules not building:
>
>  * extensions
>    -http://ci.apache.org/projects/openoffice/buildlogs/win/main/extensions/wntmsci12.pro/misc/logs/source.activex.main.txt

I was taking a look at this today. It seems the build bot uses the
Pro VS edition, and it does not come with atlthunk.lib, thus the error

LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file 'C:/Progra~1/MICROS~1.0/VC/atlmfc/lib/atlthunk.lib'

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=1343720 added the
library, needed when building with the Express edition, but this fails
with the Pro edition (or at least with the version we have at the
University, and the one in the build bot: atlthunk.lib does not exist).

I don't have a solution for this, I don't know if there is a way to
detect if someone  is using the Express or the Pro VS edition; on the other
hand, the way how ATL is handed in configure.in and set_soenv.in looks
rather error prone: if you don't disable ATL explicitly in configure,
you get ATL_LIB and ATL_INCLUDE from set_soenv without any further check.

Someone developing on windows may find a solution.

Regards
--
Ariel Constenla-Haile
La Plata, Argentina