incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Pedro Giffuni <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: build svtools and sw with debug
Date Fri, 28 Sep 2012 06:43:04 GMT

.

> > Actually, the key definition is here:
> >
> > http://svn.services.openoffice.org/opengrok/xref/Current%20(trunk)/solenv/inc/settings.mk#894
> >
> > We already ignore USE_STLP_DEBUG for OS2. Should we add
> Windows to the list?
> >

> Not having CDEFS+=-D_STLP_DEBUG means that we will have no
> additional checking stuff in a DEBUG=yes build. Right?

It means we lose the STLport specific debugging. We will
lose it anyway when we drop STLport.

> My current impression is the following:
> - the new boost version makes more or different use of stl

Newer boost appears to have its own debugging support,
but I havent looked into it.

> - we are not building with the "right" compiler and link
> switches in DEBUG=yes builds.

Yes, this is something important to review. We could be
getting better information for MSVC.

> - the three needed adjustments to module setup_native,
> svtools and sw avoid the
> build breakers. I am not sure, if they are only workaround

I tend to agree here too.

Pedro.