incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Pedro Giffuni <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: build svtools with debug
Date Thu, 27 Sep 2012 15:23:11 GMT
Hi Ariel and others,

> From: Ariel Constenla-Haile
>
> The solution provided by Oliver removed the header, and the use of the
> boost smart pointer with it, it helped to go on with the build, just
> like Armin's solution; but the build still breaks in sw in a PRO build
> with DEBUG=yes. So the problem is still there, and started
> coincidentally with boost update. It looks like the only way to know if
> this was a coincide, or the root cause, is to revert in a local build
> the boost update, build a PRO version, and see if building with
> debugging symbols sw breaks or not.

Both issues appear to be linking related.

What I am finding lately is that the build system is very
fragile: it mostly works but will fail if you want to exercise it.

On FreeBSD, at least:

- the build fails if we try to build it with the system-jpeg.
- the build doesn't detect httpclient
- the option to build the lgpl libwpd doesn't build writerperfect.
- Using system icu will break the build.

Not to mention the patches we carry locally.

I am afraid the problem is starting to take time from doing real
fixes (oh yes there are still issues building with jdk7) and
enhancements so I think I will be moving to the buildsys
branch and focus on the build system.

Pedro.