incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Pedro Giffuni <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: build svtools with debug
Date Wed, 26 Sep 2012 14:50:23 GMT

>________________________________
> From: Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org>
>
>On Wed, Sep 26, 2012 at 10:32 AM, Pedro Giffuni <pfg@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>>> From: Armin Le Grand
>>>
>>>Hi List,
>>>
>>>with current trunk I cannot build svtools with debug, e.g.
>>>
>>>cd svtools
>>>make clean
>>>make clean debug=t
>>>make -sr -j8 debug=t
>>>
>>>-> Lots of unresolved externals from stl. Yes, I'm using stlport, and I'm on
windows.

>>>I tried to also build stlport with debug and delivered it, but does not help.
>>>
>>>Can someone help...?
>>>

>> I can't really help but ... I think we started getting all those complains
>> from STLport stuff after I updated boost (?!).
>>

>Would it make sense now to revert that commit and work on a branch to
>resolve remaining issues.  It is very bad for the build to be broken
>for this long.

It's not broken, just fragile. The issues so far only happen in Windows with debugging.

I am afraid that if we revert the boost update we will never get the issues fixed and
perhaps this is the motivation we need to resolve the stlport situation.

The stlport situation is basically that we are using 3 outdated versions and it
doesn't support clang.

Pedro.