incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From jsmith...@fastmail.fm
Subject Re: [User Docs] What do we as a community want for user documentation or AOO
Date Mon, 17 Sep 2012 03:34:30 GMT
You are failing to realize that when a user has only Java 6.35 or above
installed on their system, they can't use wizards. When they click
"Help" to figure out why, they can't use that either. Why? Because
msvcr100.dll is not included in your packaged release, and help within
Open Office relies on Java to work correctly. This will be compounded
when Oracle updates to MS VC++ 2012 and the users are using only java
that is built with that. Solution being to include the msvcr*.dll that
is included in that.
If you don't believe me, test it out on a computer with that
configuration. This is likely to be the state of nearly ALL new
computers.
--

  jsmith321@fastmail.fm