incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Sally Khudairi" <sallykhuda...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Apache OpenOffice Awarded Two InfoWorld Bossie (Best of Open Source Software) Awards
Date Wed, 19 Sep 2012 00:34:46 GMT
Fantastic --congratulations, everyone!

We'll help spread the good news.

Cheers,
Sally

[From the mobile; kindly excuse spelling/spacing errors + auto-correct anomalies]

----- Reply message -----
From: "Rob Weir" <robweir@apache.org>
To: <ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org>
Cc: <press@apache.org>
Subject: Apache OpenOffice Awarded Two InfoWorld Bossie (Best of Open Source Software) Awards
Date: Tue, Sep 18, 2012 8:25 PM

InfoWorld is out with their 2012 "Bossie" awards (Best of Open Source).

As far as I can see we are the only open source project that won two awards!

In the "desktop applications" category we received an award for the
OpenOffice application:

http://www.infoworld.com/slideshow/64914/bossie-awards-2012-the-best-open-source-desktop-applications-202288#slide4

And in the same category we received another award for our Template Repository:

http://www.infoworld.com/slideshow/64914/bossie-awards-2012-the-best-open-source-desktop-applications-202288#slide5

The full article is here:

http://www.infoworld.com/d/open-source-software/bossies-2012-the-best-of-open-source-software-awards-202465

So congratulations to all for the hard work that led to these honors.
This was a broad effort, extending out from the core project to
partners like SourceForge and all those power users whose creative
contributions bring value to the template repository.  These are truly
awards for the whole community!

Regards,

-Rob