incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <orc...@apache.org>
Subject RE: [DISCUSS][PMC] Proposed PMC List
Date Thu, 20 Sep 2012 17:08:32 GMT
Dave, I'm puzzled.

I thought this thread and the one on which nominations are being made was at the initiative
of Andrew Rist.

Are you and he collaborating on compilation of the results?

It would be great if there was a single compilation of the results, it could be verified by
anyone, and there can be subsequent discussion on what to make of it, if anything.

 - Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: Dave Fisher [mailto:dave2wave@comcast.net]
Sent: Thursday, September 20, 2012 06:06
To: ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: [DISCUSS][PMC] Proposed PMC List

On Sep 20, 2012, at 6:06 AM, Ross Gardler <rgardler@opendirective.com> wrote:

> On 20 September 2012 11:49, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Once a PMC exists, new members must be nominated and discussed on the
>> private@tlp list.
>> Votes are held on the private list, so is not secret, but it is not
>> public either.
>
> There are very few *must* items in the ASF. In fact it is up to the
> PMC to decide how and where the decision is made. When voting on
> people most, but not all, projects do it in private.

Apache POI is an example. The PMC considers the public vote to be an incentive for contributors.
Since votes happen very infrequently it does not add a lot of traffic to the lists.

I think that process here is proceeding well. I hope to put together a list on Sunday when
I return home.

If a wiki is created before then perhaps it should list only names without a count. That way
we can all see if anyone is missing.

Regards,
Dave