incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <orc...@apache.org>
Subject RE: Amazon Download of Apache OpenOffice 3.4
Date Mon, 17 Sep 2012 16:40:30 GMT

I apologize for provoking alarms.

 - Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: Dave Fisher [mailto:dave2wave@comcast.net]
Sent: Monday, September 17, 2012 09:02
To: ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org
Cc: Apache Brand Management
Subject: Re: Amazon Download of Apache OpenOffice 3.4

On Sep 15, 2012, at 12:45 PM, Dennis E. Hamilton wrote:

> 8. Going through the one-click purchase of the $0.00 software, I was not sent the executable.
 Instead, I was sent an "Amazon OpenOffice 34 by Apache" downloader executable.  I ran it.
 It is a simple dialog with a progress bar, the gull button, and a message that the item can
be downloaded again from my software library. It downloads the software.  It doesn't say where.

This name is a branding issue that must be fixed immediately.

This should probably be handled by Shane as VP of branding.

Regards,
Dave

[ ... ]