incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <orc...@apache.org>
Subject RE: [DISCUSS] [PMC] Proposed PMC List
Date Wed, 19 Sep 2012 14:29:03 GMT
-1

This procedure lacks transparency and accountability.  It is incompatible with how project
governance is accomplished.

My recommendation is that those who have some reason to require anonymity with regard to their
nominations (that is what it is, individuals are asked to make 10 nominations) should send
their nominations to ooo-private@ incubator.apache.org.

The subject should contain "[PMC] Proposed PMC List" and it should not contain any discussion.
 These are simply nominations.  The moderators of ooo-private will accept those posts from
all sources.

When the compilation of nominations is prepared, *all* submitters of nominations will be identified
in a list as confirmation that their nominations were included.  There should be no identification
of who has nominated a particular individual.  Only the number of nominations for any nominated
individual should be reported.

It would be useful to have the report double-checked by one or more PPMC members to ensure
that noone's nominations were overlooked or double counted.  (On duplicate nominations, the
usual rule is to use the latest one received.)

 - Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: Andrew Rist [mailto:andrew.rist@oracle.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 18, 2012 16:00
To: ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: [DISCUSS] [PMC] Proposed PMC List

(top posting after private messages - I cannot describe the shame I
feel...  ;-)

I have an option that I believe will handle Andrea's concerns.  I have
spoken with Ross and he is amenable to receiving Proposed PMC entries
off list.
If anyone is concerned about sending their list to ooo-dev, you can send
it to Ross ( rgardler at apache) instead, and at the end of the period
(next Sunday), he will send an anonymized summary of the votes he has
received, along with a breakdown of submissions by committers/PPMC vs
other community members.

We have received lists from 10 people and have 25 nominees with multiple
votes.  It would be great to get even more feedback.

A.