incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <>
Subject RE: Moderating ooo-private
Date Sat, 15 Sep 2012 15:34:28 GMT
With regard to inappropriate messages to ooo-private, I agree that it is a good idea to provide
better information and to discourage the use of ooo-private for this kind of traffic.  I think
one problem is that some folks want their request to be personal and all think they are (or
want to be) reaching a support organization.

I conducted an experiment to see how the list rejects messages.  The bounce I received is
the message immediately below.  The original request to ooo-private was returned in an attachment.
 That is attached to this message but I don't know that it will be preserved on ooo-dev.
What that message is like is posted below the Rejection Message.

 - Dennis

  -----Rejection Message-----
From: []

Sent: Saturday, September 15, 2012 08:20
Subject: Returned post for

Hi! This is the ezmlm program. I'm managing the mailing list.

I'm sorry, your message (enclosed) was not accepted by the moderator.
If the moderator has made any comments, they are shown below.

This is a test rejection message from the ooo-private list robot.  This comment is supplied
by the moderator.
The purpose of this test is to determine how useful reject messages or a replacement boilerplate
could be helpful in directing users with problems to an appropriate place where they are likely
to receive assistance.