incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject RE: Moderating ooo-private
Date Sat, 15 Sep 2012 15:34:28 GMT
With regard to inappropriate messages to ooo-private, I agree that it is a good idea to provide
better information and to discourage the use of ooo-private for this kind of traffic.  I think
one problem is that some folks want their request to be personal and all think they are (or
want to be) reaching a support organization.

I conducted an experiment to see how the list rejects messages.  The bounce I received is
the message immediately below.  The original request to ooo-private was returned in an attachment.
 That is attached to this message but I don't know that it will be preserved on ooo-dev.
What that message is like is posted below the Rejection Message.

 - Dennis

  -----Rejection Message-----
From: ooo-private-owner@incubator.apache.org [mailto:ooo-private-owner@incubator.apache.org]

Sent: Saturday, September 15, 2012 08:20
To: himself@orcmid.com
Subject: Returned post for ooo-private@incubator.apache.org

ooo-private@incubator.apache.org mailing list.

I'm sorry, your message (enclosed) was not accepted by the moderator.
If the moderator has made any comments, they are shown below.

This is a test rejection message from the ooo-private list robot.  This comment is supplied
by the moderator.
The purpose of this test is to determine how useful reject messages or a replacement boilerplate
could be helpful in directing users with problems to an appropriate place where they are likely
to receive assistance.