incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject RE: Moderating ooo-private
Date Sat, 15 Sep 2012 14:59:42 GMT
Concerning the use of a boiler-plate rejection message:

I have a concern about forcing users who may already be distressed and agitated to start over.
 Also there are no "support channels" in the sense that most users will understand that.

As I recall, the reject message that is produced by the list is not so user friendly and that
complicates matters.  We'll have to look into that.

Finally, this is more work for moderators to avoid multiple responses and to operate consistently
no matter which moderator handles the message.

These factors need to be considered somehow.

I'll produce a rejection message so it can be examined and it can be assessed.

 - Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: Ross Gardler [mailto:rgardler@opendirective.com]
Sent: Saturday, September 15, 2012 00:42
To: ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Moderating ooo-private

Many user enquiries come to ooo-private and are moderated through. They
shouldn't be.  That list should have almost zero traffic.

Users are finding the list somehow, seems the documentation needs fixing.

For those that do find their way through consider rejecting them with a
boiler plate response directing to correct support channels.

Sent from my tablet