incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <orc...@apache.org>
Subject RE: [DISCUSS][PMC] Proposed PMC List
Date Wed, 19 Sep 2012 19:53:56 GMT

seeing the problem.)  There is no reason to identify those who have nominated anyone on the
consolidated report.

 - Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: Kay Schenk [mailto:kay.schenk@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 19, 2012 12:26
To: ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: [DISCUSS][PMC] Proposed PMC List

On 09/19/2012 10:38 AM, Louis Suárez-Potts wrote:
[ ... ]
> In this way, a wiki can provide more than a mail list post.
>
> Louis

Yes, a wiki can provide more than a mail post, but I think this exercise
is valid, and provides a convenient way for *anyone* on this list to
express an "opinion" without explicitly stating why. I actually think
this is a point in the mailing lists favor. This approach is simple and
based on impressions of individuals involved with this project. I don't
see much wrong with that. Picking "10" has been difficult for all of us,
but I did understand that "10" was not a magic number for the final PMC.

I agree with Juergen that we should complete this circle. I've found it
pretty interesting so far.

MzK

"We never sit anything out. We are cups, constantly and quietly
  being filled.  The trick is, knowing how to tip ourselves over and
  let the beautiful stuff out."
                          -- Ray Bradbury, "Zen in the Art of Writing"