incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <orc...@apache.org>
Subject RE: [User Docs] What do we as a community want for user documentation or AOO
Date Sun, 23 Sep 2012 02:05:15 GMT
Rob,

I agree, there is no reason to turn away new contributions brought to the project by their
contributors.

I agree, the lazy consensus on this one is odd.

 - Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: Rob Weir [mailto:robweir@apache.org]
Sent: Saturday, September 22, 2012 14:18
To: ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: [User Docs] What do we as a community want for user documentation or AOO

[ ... ]

In other words, that a non-existent effort in the project not be
started to compete with the non-existent effort at ODFAuthors?  IMHO
this not the ideal use of lazy consensus.  You should seek lazy
consensus for what you want to do, not what you want someone else not
to do.   In the end, if someone came to the project with documentation
to contribute, I think we would be happy accept it under ALv2 and not
turn them away and tell them to go elsewhere.  Or are you suggesting
that we would reject such contributions?

> In other words, there won't be any forking of ODFAuthors work into the project.  I assume
that means avoidance of duplicate effort as well.

> I'm aligned with that direction.
>
>  - Dennis
[ ... ]