incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <orc...@apache.org>
Subject Who am I in the Matter (was RE: What is a good PMC member?)
Date Fri, 07 Sep 2012 20:52:09 GMT
I notice that I have left something important unsaid.  So I am breaking into my weekend thread-penny
piggy bank for one more post here today.  Then I will catch up on other matters.

First, I want to point folks to this important feature of The League of Crafty Guitarists:
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/League_of_Crafty_Guitarists#Courses>.  The motivation
for New Standard Tuning is very impressive.  For development of software for more than its
own sake, I think there is a fourth relationship to be developed.  For musicians, it might
be in the relationship to music.  To be certain, I would add "develop a relationship with
the experience of others with the music [the open-source software project]."

THE "WHO AM I" PART

I stand for anyone moved to participate in an open-source project being welcome, being honored
for their contribution, being respected for their effort, and being thrilled to be involved.
 I stand for no one left out who is willing to play.  I stand for the cultivation, encouragement,
and flourishing of newcomers.

I promise that I will fulfill on that in any project where you encounter me.

I promise that when I fall short you can call me on it without repercussion.

I promise that when I mess up, I will clean it up.

You can count on it.

 - Dennis

PS: <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdLIerfXuZ4>