incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <orc...@apache.org>
Subject RE: [User Docs] What do we as a community want for user documentation or AOO
Date Sat, 22 Sep 2012 16:24:26 GMT
I am not clear what the lazy consensus is about.

Clearly, there is no restriction on anyone contributing to User Guides for Apache OpenOffice
on ODFAUthors, beyond the terms/conventions/what-ever that apply to contributions there.

So I suppose what is being asked for is consensus that there will not, at this time, be any
separate effort inside of the Apache OpenOffice project and the project will look to relying
on the ODFAuthors site for emergence of updated User Guides.  Contributions should be made
there.

In other words, there won't be any forking of ODFAuthors work into the project.  I assume
that means avoidance of duplicate effort as well.

I'm aligned with that direction.

 - Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: Keith N. McKenna [mailto:keith.mckenna@comcast.net]
Sent: Saturday, September 22, 2012 07:47
To: ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: [User Docs] What do we as a community want for user documentation or AOO

Keith N. McKenna wrote:
> Greetings All;
>
> In order to stimulate some discussion on user documentation I have added
> the hollowing page to the User Documentation Plan on the Plannig Wiki:
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/User+Guides+Revisted.
> It offers 3 scenarios or the creation of the docs. I believe that we can
> no longer put this issue aside.
>
> Please take a look at the page and feel free to comment there and on this
> list. Also feel free to add to or change any content there.
>
> Regards
> Keith N. McKenna

Based on the discussion in this thread and on the wiki page it appears
for the short term that Scenario 2 is the best way to go. At this point
I would like to ask for lazy consensus to use ODFAuthors site and the
3.4 documents already there to create and publish updated documentation.
I will leave this open until 2012-09-26 at 05:45 UTC.

Regards
Keith N. McKenna