incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <orc...@apache.org>
Subject Updating Committers on Project Status Page (was RE: New committer: Chen ZuoJun)
Date Mon, 24 Sep 2012 02:14:55 GMT
Rob,

I recently took a look at <http://incubator.apache.org/projects/openofficeorg.html>
to see if I could derive that list from the Roster.

What gave me pause is that the list is apparently maintained in XML.  I could not find anywhere
that MarkDown is used.  Is that correct?

I could still mechanically derive the XML elements that are used now, although it is a bit
more complicated than search and replace on a CSV of an extract of the roster.  If I were
to do that, I would also indicate who is on the PPMC.

Any suggestions?

 - Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: Rob Weir [mailto:robweir@apache.org]
Sent: Sunday, September 23, 2012 17:41
To: ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: New committer: Chen ZuoJun

On Sun, Sep 23, 2012 at 1:13 PM, Dennis E. Hamilton <orcmid@apache.org> wrote:
> The Apache OpenOffice PPMC announces the addition of committer
> Chen ZuoJun, zjchen@ apache.org
>
> The list of all current podling committers is at:
> <http://people.apache.org/committers-by-project.html#ooo>.

And one other place:  http://incubator.apache.org/projects/openofficeorg.html

That page is part of the IPMC's tracking of podling status and feeds
into their "Status of the Clutch" report:
http://incubator.apache.org/clutch.html

Some may recall that we had a reporter use the "status of the clutch"
report to claim that the project was not growing.  That was when we
were not updating the report.  Since that is the official IPMC view of
the podlings, it is important that we keep this information
up-to-date, until the project graduates.

I was updating this status page whenever a new committer was voted in.
 It would be great if someone else could take this over now.

When a new committer is added, the status file needs to be updated in
two places.

1) Added as a News item.  Automation depends on the wording, so don't
be clever.  Just follow the examples there.

2) Added in the list of committers.

This can most easily be edited via the Apache CMS.

[ ... ]