incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <>
Subject RE: [User Docs] What do we as a community want for user documentation or AOO
Date Sun, 16 Sep 2012 20:43:29 GMT
If, as Keith proposes, the work is conducted at the ODFAUthors site and the ODFAuthors licensing
is retained, the question then becomes simply whether redistribution on a site in ASF custody
is appropriate.

That seems simplest and appropriate.  Even if there is a concern about the dual-license affixed
to the material, it can always be referenced in a location on the ODFAUthors site.

 - Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: TJ Frazier []
Sent: Sunday, September 16, 2012 13:17
Subject: Re: [User Docs] What do we as a community want for user documentation or AOO

On 9/16/2012 14:04, Keith N. McKenna wrote:
[ ... ]

Hi, Keith,

As a long-time volunteer with ODFA (formerly OOA), I can promise that we
(AOO) can get documents from them. The cost of this option is (1) a
legal review and approval of CC-BY v3; (2) some storage (WG v3.2 is 15.5
MB, so call it 100 or 200 MB per version, probably as .odt and .pdf
files on the Mwiki. The download volume/bandwidth has been too low to
cause any problems, but I have no stats); and (3) a little politeness.

If someone will handle Point (1), so that we have our ducks in a row, I
will volunteer to handle Point (3). I can check on Point (2), but I
don't think it's a problem.

> I will look forward to your edits on the wiki and the doc site.
> As an aside, is there a developer snapshot available or 3.5 yet? I would
> like to start work on the Getting Started Guide on the ODFAuthors site
> and it makes sense to make edits based on 3.5 since that will be the
> most likely next release.
> Regards
> Keith

View raw message