incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <rabas...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Helping open office
Date Wed, 12 Sep 2012 01:16:34 GMT
On Sep 11, 2012, at 2:51 PM, sean gayton <gayta101@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,  My name is Sean and my peer is Bianca (cc'd) and we're looking to help contribute
to Open Office.We were hoping we could assist with some documentation in creating a simple
user guide and installation guide for computer illiterate users.We were also looking into
assisting with some marketing, like developing artwork for open office to use. We are both
3rd year IT students studying at the University of Ballarat, Australia and need to contribute
to an open source project for a major assignment.We would love to help open office in anyway
we can.  Thank you.

Hi Sean, Bianca, thanks for your note. Some quick thoughts and I'm
sure other OpenOffice will have their own.

1. How much time are you willing to put into this?  Is there any
guidance from your course on how big (or small) this assignment should
be?  Do you need to demonstrate specific techniques or methodologies?

2. Have you ever created a YouTube video or similar?  IMHO we have a
lot of written documentation. Much of needs to be updated. But that is
a large task. A more self-contained task might be to create install
walkthrough videos. Maybe other videos for the "top 10" user FAQs.

Regards,

Rob

P.S. Please respond to the entire list to continue the discussion.