incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <rabas...@gmail.com>
Subject Volunteers needed to pickup some tasks
Date Sat, 08 Sep 2012 05:50:53 GMT
I'm raising my focus a little in this project to look more into some
larger ecosystem opportunities. As part of this change in focus I'll
have less time to deal with day-to-day operational aspects of the
project. So I'd like to shed some responsibilities and I hope there
are volunteers able or willing to learn to pick up the following:

1. List moderation. I intend to stop moderating dev, users, marketing,
qa and private.

2. Bugzilla Admin

3. Taking the lead on the AOO Security team, tracking vulnerability
reports, writing disclosure bulletins, coordinating with security
analysts and related open source projects.

4. Generally making sure things don't fall through the cracks. For
example, look at posts from a week ago and see which ones have not
been responded to.  Look at trademark, press, movie property requests,
etc. and make sure necessary workflow and approvals are secured.
Because of the fast "scroll rate" of our posts, if someone is not
proactive about such things they will be overlooked.

5. I have a couple blog posts in progress. I'll finish those. But we
really could use some more content. This is something anyone can do.
Maybe even turn your ApacheCon abstracts into a blog post with a link
to you full presentation?

6. Tracking project metrics for downloads, committers, etc.

Perhaps a few other things as well, but that is a start.

Regards,

Rob