incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <rabas...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] ML Moderators
Date Tue, 11 Sep 2012 16:09:07 GMT
On Sep 11, 2012, at 2:52 AM, Dave Fisher <dave2wave@comcast.net> wrote:

> On Sep 10, 2012, at 10:47 PM, Rob Weir wrote:
>
>> On Sep 10, 2012, at 7:17 PM, Dave Fisher <dave2wave@comcast.net> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Dennis is handling transitions on ooo-private. I'm traveling tomorrow and will
put together a final list and write the JIRA issue for Apache Infra.

>> Is there a reason why this discussion cannot be on ooo-dev?
>
> To be clear Dennis is already handling the ooo-private moderation changes on ooo-private.
They changes have been exposed on this thread already.

>>> If you are a project committer we will use your apache-id, if not then so far
we have your email and will use that.

>>> More volunteer moderators are welcome. Dennis has good email threads about moderation
duties.

>>> We definitely could use another moderator for ooo-users-fr.

spot gaps. For example, while I am located in UTC I generally cover UTC-5.

>>> This is a good idea. Time zones help.
>>>
>>> Changing the moderator list in the site can proceed once we finalize the changes.
If anyone think we should delay changes past the 24 hours please say so.

>> Maybe start the clock after a proposal is made on ooo-dev?
>
> I was leaving time for volunteers to step up. I wasn't thinking that any particular moderator
would be controversial.

> Is your concern about a particular list like ooo-security? I can see having a longer
process for that. I don't see the need for waiting so long for the others, but I am certainly
willing to wait. Let's see what the community thinks.

Thanks for asking. My concern was that it looks like you are seeking
lazy consensus on a set of changes without actually listing what the
changes are. Or at least it is not clear to me what exactly is being
proposed.