incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Michal Hriň <michalh...@aol.com>
Subject Re: Fwd: [RESULT][VOTE] Release Apache OpenOffice 3.4.1 (incubating) RC2
Date Wed, 22 Aug 2012 20:09:16 GMT
Dňa Wed, 22 Aug 2012 20:40:05 +0200 Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> napísal:

> On Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 2:18 PM, Marcus (OOo) <marcus.mail@wtnet.de>
> wrote:

can now proceed

>>> OK, new release notes and slight tweak to install instructions are now
>>> in staging (committed not published), so when Marcus comes along in a
>>> bit and uploads the new 3.4.1 main download stuff and publishes, we
>>> should be in business.
>>>
>>> I'm basically "offline" for a good part of the day today, so I hope all
>>> goes well.
>>

>> I'm at home now and just found this mail which seems to be the latest in
>> this thread and for the 3.4.1 release.
>>
>> Is everything uploaded, distributed and available for public download?
>> I had no chance yet to check myself, so I'm simply asking. ;-)
>>

> We were waiting for the sync to finish, distributing the files to the
> US and EU distribution servers:
>
> http://www.us.apache.org/dist/incubator/ooo/
>
> and
>
> http://www.eu.apache.org/dist/incubator/ooo/
>
> It looks that looks like it recently completed.
>
> Just need a go ahead from Roberto.
>
> If he says it is ready on their side can move our changes to staging
> and do some quick testing to make sure we don't have any broken links.
>
> Actually, we can move to staging now if we want.  But just be careful
> everyone not to publish yet.
>
> -Rob

Hi all,

I got some questions maybe later, maybe stupid, maybe in wrong thread, but
:

1) I hit today on [Stage] link today some times, is it problem ?

2) I need exact links for the files, and I don't know where the files will
be.
It will be in SourceForce openoffice.mirror directory ?
(i can't provide Apache links because of load, right ?)

3) The whole ooo-site 'll be publised in the same time, so in this time
have to
be all NL pages reworked ?

4) There wasn't been Slovak packages of AOO from 3.2.1, so lot of users
use AOO 3.4 in Czech
language and 3.3.0 too (3.3.0 has only language pack). The redirection of
update service to /sk/download
will not work right ?
Or is it used some geolocating service based on IPs  - from which country
user access to pages(or can be)?

5) Google has indexed old SK page, (I slowly remove it) but is possibe
force Google's robots to reindex page ?
NOT now but one day.

Thanks for answers and sorry for bad timing.
Regards,
Michal Hriň

>> Thanks
>>
>> Marcus