incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Michal Hriň <michalh...@aol.com>
Subject Re: [UPDATE SERVICE] proposed adaptation when AOO 3.4.1 is released.
Date Tue, 14 Aug 2012 20:18:28 GMT

> Hi,
>
> On 14.08.2012 16:28, Rob Weir wrote:
>> On Tue, Aug 14, 2012 at 10:22 AM, Oliver-Rainer Wittmann
>> <orwittmann@googlemail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> currently, an update service is active for OOo 3.3, OOo 3.2.1 and OOo
>>> 3.2
>>> for all languages and platforms for whose we have a released AOO 3.4
>>> package.
>>>
>>> When we have AOO 3.4.1 released I am planning the following
>>> adaptations of
>>> the update service one or two days after the release of AOO 3.4.1 has
>>> been
>>> announced:
>>> - adapt the update services for OOo 3.3, OOo 3.2.1 and OOo 3.2.
>>> -- update to available AOO 3.4.1 release.
>>> -- activate update service for the new languages Finnish (fi), British
>>> English (en-GB), Khmer (km), Slovak (sk) and Slovenian (sl).
>>> -- the pages of the new languages are yet not updated on our website.
>>> Thus
>>> the update function will redirect the users of the new languages to
>>> [1].
>>
>> The Slovak pages look good:  http://www.openoffice.org/sk/
>>
>> It will need to be updated to the final URL for the AOO 3.4.1 release,
>> when that is available.  But we do have an active committer minding
>> that page, Michal, so I think it is safe to point the users to that
>> page.
>>

> I also looked at it.
> It redirects to http://www.openoffice.org/sk/download.html, which is
> providing links to OOo 3.3 packages. If these are updated, when AOO
> 3.4.1 is released, then we should definitely redirect these users to
> http://www.openoffice.org/sk
>

> Best regards, Oliver.

I don't know how update service works, but if it offers web page
to user, may be redirected to http://www.openoffice.org/sk/download

I made this directory right now. If I note the release date, I'll update
the links for download.

Regards, Michal Hriň