incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Keith N. McKenna" <keith.mcke...@comcast.net>
Subject [User Documentation]Are there any plans in place or formal user documentation for AOO
Date Wed, 29 Aug 2012 18:40:36 GMT
Good Day All;

Today I am going to venture into the breach and bring up a topic that in
my experience is most developers favorite profanity: i.e. User
Documentation. One of the major reasons I have used and promoted
OpenOffice.org is its well written and easily available user
documentation. I see a planning wiki for documentation with no activity
since 2011.

I also have gone through most of the archived mail to this list I could
find on this topic with no apparent consensus on what to do. I have also
tried the ODFAuthors website and mailing list. There appear to be some
drafts o chapters or a getting started guide but that is about all. The
response from the list was basically whatever you folks decide to do
with them.

My basic question is re there any plans for user docs or AOO and if so
where would the information be found? Although I am not a tech writer
and have no real experience in the publishing world, this is a area I
believe that I could be o some small help in. I have done document
review before on both software documentation and or internal corporate
standards documents.

Regards
Keith