incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Keith N. McKenna" <keith.mcke...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: 3.4.1 release notes now on the web server
Date Sun, 19 Aug 2012 00:05:40 GMT
Kay Schenk wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 18, 2012 at 12:36 PM, Keith N. McKenna <
> keith.mckenna@comcast.net> wrote:
>
>> Kay Schenk wrote:
>>
>>> ... at
>>>
>>> http://www.openoffice.org/**development/releases/3.4.1.**html<http://www.openoffice.org/development/releases/3.4.1.html>
>>>
>>> Please make any further changes to web document and not the cwiki doc.
>>> Thanks.
>>>
>>> This is not linked from:
>>>
>>> http://www.openoffice.org/**development/releases/<http://www.openoffice.org/development/releases/>
>>>
>>> yet, until we're ready to do the announcement.
>>>
>>>   Kay;
>>
>>    I was just starting on making a change to the Release Notes on the wiki
>> when I saw your post. The change was to be a link to the porting page for
>> FreeBSD, etc.
>>
>>    I admit to being a total novice when it comes to HTML editing, but if
>> there is a way to easily make the change without a high probability of
>> screwing something else up I would be happy to try and do it.
>>
>> Regards
>> Keith
>>

> Well, you could supply what you want to say here and I'll be happy to take
> care of it if you're nto comfortable with this.
>
> And, Thank You, Andrea for supplying the warning about making changes to
> the cwiki version -- why didn't I think of that? :/

Kay;

Than you very much or the offer to make the change. This close to a
release I would hate to have my novice ineptitude screw anything up.

The text I was going to add was. A number of community members are
working on ports or Solaris, FreeBSD, and OS/2. You can learn more rom
our Porting page at: http://www.openoffice.org/porting/

I there is documentation on an easy way to make these kind of changes
that you can point me to it would be greatly appreciated. Hopefully I
can learn enough to be at least quasi-comfortable in the future.

Regards
Keith