incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Hemant Kumar <hem...@codemancers.com>
Subject User friendly version of Conditional Text
Date Tue, 28 Aug 2012 07:59:15 GMT
Hello folks,

I have been using Conditional Text feature quite a bit, but I have following gripes with it:

1. It is not possible to have more than one else clause. Something similar to switch/case.
Or am I missing something?

2. In general, when combined with field variables, this feature is somewhat harder to use
for end user. My main problems being, setting variable part is not intuitive. Once you create
a variable, it is not editable.

So, for my needs I am contemplating to write a extension that simplifies this feature.

1. Allow more than one condition to be specified.
2. Variable declaration and specifying conditional text happens in one screen.

However, before I actually start writing the code, I would like to know if something like
this was attempted before. Also, since I am new to OpenOffice development side of things,
I am wondering, what will be best way to write the extension. Should I explore OpenOffice
UNO API or Visual Basic Scrpting interface will suffice?

With Regards
Hemant Kumar
http://twitter.com/gnufied
Co Founder - http://www.codemancers.com