incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <>
Subject Re: [INFO][WEBSITE]: improved usability with simplified Urls to reach some of our services
Date Wed, 15 Aug 2012 00:08:38 GMT

On Aug 14, 2012, at 4:41 PM, Andrea Pescetti wrote:

> On 14/08/2012 RGB ES wrote:
>> 2012/8/14 RGB ES:
>>> Good! But I'm finding a weird behaviour on the forums... If I enter on
>>> the old url
>>> I'm NOT redirected. If I open bot, the new and the old address and
>>> log-in in the new, in the old one I'm still logged off
> I would consider this to be normal behavior. Authentication is probably managed through
a cookie that is sent back to the originating site (the originating subdomain) only. So
has no way to know that you are logged in at, unless we completely rewrite
all URLs in the form to
>> Not only confusing, but also problematic: if you log-in on the new
>> address and then click on an old link that cross reference to another
>> post you'll arrive to a page on which you are not logged in any
>> more!
> If we have hardcoded links that are not rewritten (i.e., if pages on
contain "internal" links that reference explicitly), then it
would be better to use an "external" redirect as explained above.

Currently both and are directed to the same
IP by DNS.

Also and are directed to the same IP by DNS.

What is different is that for the wiki the Apache Traffic Server is in front and it does do
the necessary redirection to

Should we do something similar for the user forums?

> Regards,
>  Andrea.

View raw message