incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS][VOTE]: Release Apache OpenOffice 3.4.1 (incubating), RC2
Date Wed, 15 Aug 2012 23:48:49 GMT

http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/MacOSXBuildInstructions for Mac Builds?

>>> Minimally this then points to http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/AquaBuild this
doesn't seem exactly like what was used for 3.4.0?

>>> Would someone check the Build instructions and then update to be very clear what
is current.

>>> I am proceeding with my tests as if the prerequisites have not changed and that
I have them from my AOO 3.4 tests build.

>> I am stuck and I am stopping. I am very unhappy with the instructions on the WIki
page. I needed help with 3.4 and now I need help with 3.4.1.

Wiki based on http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/MacOSXBuildInstructions

> Dave,
>
> Did you see this page:
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Development+Snapshot+Builds#DevelopmentSnapshotBuilds-buildflags
>
> That has the build steps and flags used for the binaries we'll be
> releasing.  There is no single "right way" to build AOO.  There are
> variations that will enable or disable various optional features.  But
> if you want the same thing as what is in the release, the above link
> has the info you want.

This should be linked to from the source package README and also on the 4 build mwiki pages
that are linked to from the source.

I won't know until tomorrow because my cpan config is broken and I now need LWP::UserAgent
to download the external dependencies.

Regards,
Dave