incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: OO Sold on eBay
Date Sun, 12 Aug 2012 17:49:32 GMT
On Sun, Aug 12, 2012 at 12:38 PM, Max Merbald <max.merbald@gmx.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd say it's not very fair because probably not everyone knows OOO is
> available for free. It's kind of weird that someone is trying to make money
> with something which is available for free.

I wonder... is there anything that prevents one of us from offering
the same thing on eBay, but at a near-zero price?  For example, would
it be within eBay policy to have an auction for "instructions for
downloading OpenOffice"?  Give all the same marketing plugs for
features, etc., but set it as a "Buy Now" price of 1-cent or
something.

Some users want a CD, because of bandwidth limitations.  But the cost
of information, in this case, should be nearly zero.

-Rob