incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <>
Subject Re: The translation of AOO3.4.1 release notes and announcement
Date Sat, 25 Aug 2012 17:36:47 GMT
On Sat, Aug 25, 2012 at 10:55 AM, Andrea Pescetti <> wrote:
> On 21/08/2012 Sylvain DENIS wrote:
>> I translated the text AOO 3.4.1 French. I would put online after the
>> official version.
> Thanks, I've committed this to the French site using the naming conventions
> currently used there, so
> I saw that the zh-cn version is already available at
> (it's unclear to me if this is imacat's version obtained from zh-tw or the
> version supplied by Eric as a CMS contribution).
> We also have a German version by Juergen Lange at
> but I'm not sure whether we prefer to link to his site or obtain permission
> from him to republish his article on the official site.
> would
> need to be edited to link to the following translations:
> - French:
> - Simplified Chinese:
> - German:
> (the last one subject to whether it's OK to link to an external resource or
> not).

I've added a link to the French and Simplified Chinese version, but
not the German one.   I don't think we want to get into the habit of
making official announcements on non-Apache websites.  That will only
lead to confusion about what is official and what is not. For example,
the mess with Team OpenOffice last year.

> Regards,
>   Andrea.

View raw message